For Addresses to obtain Waste Decomposer Culture, please click on Downloadable Forms> Addresses for Waste Decomposer Cultue
Certificate Course on Organic Farming. For details please see Trainings
Video clips of success stories of farmers, please see Training Manuals
> Success Stories of use of Waste Decomposer in different languages
SAGY Report (Provisional). For details please see Trainings
Gram Panchayats Identified under SAGY for Farmers Training and Field Demonstrations, for details see Trainings
> View all news
National Project on Organic Farming
National Project on Organic Farming (NPOF) is a continuing central sector scheme since 10th Five Year Plan. Planning Commission approved the scheme as PILOT project for the remaining two and half years of 10th plan period with effect from 01.10.2004 with an outlay of Rs. 57.04 crore. The scheme is continuing in the 12th Plan.
NPOF is being implemented by National Centre of Organic Farming at Ghaziabad and its eight Regional Centres at Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Panchkula, Ghaziabad, Imphal, Jabalpur, Nagpur and Patna.
Besides working for realisation of targets under NPOF, NCOF and RCOFs are also performing specific roles in promotion of organic farming.
- Promotion of organic farming in the country through technical capacity building of all the stakeholders including human resource development, transfer of technology, promotion and production of quality organic and biological inputs.
- Awareness creation and publicity through print and electronic media.
- To act as nodal quality control laboratory for analysis of biofertilizers and organic fertilizers as per the requirement of Fertilizer Control Order (FCO, 1985).
- Revision of standards and testing protocols keeping in view the advances in research and technology and bringing remaining organic inputs under quality control regime.
- Organic input resource management, technology development through support to research and market development.
- To maintain National and Regional culture collection bank of biofertilizer, biocontrol, waste decomposer organisms for supply to production units, development & procurement and efficacy evaluation of biofertilizer strains and mother cultures.
- Promotion of Organic Farming through low cost certification system known as “Participatory Guarantee System”.
- NPOF scheme provides financial assistance through Capital Investment Subsidy Scheme (CISS) for agro-waste compost production units, bio-fertilizers/bio-pesticides production units, development and implementation of quality control regime, human resource development, etc.