National Conference on Quality Control of Microbial Products and Botanicals of Agricultural Importance on 20.12.2019
ONLINE TRAINING ON ORGANIC FARMING
For details of online training : CLICK HERE
National Project on Organic Farming
National Project on Organic Farming (NPOF) is a continuing central sector scheme since 10th Five Year Plan. Planning Commission approved the scheme as PILOT project for the remaining two and half years of 10th plan period with effect from 01.10.2004 with an outlay of Rs. 57.04 crore. The scheme is continuing in the 12th Plan.
NPOF is being implemented by National Centre of Organic Farming, Ghaziabad and its nine Regional Centres at Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Panchkula, Ghaziabad, Imphal, Jabalpur, Nagpur, Patna and Gandhinagar.
Besides working for realisation of targets under NPOF, NCOF and RCOFs are also performing specific roles in promotion of organic farming.
- Promotion of organic farming in the country through technical capacity building of all the stakeholders including human resource development, transfer of technology, promotion and production of quality organic and biological inputs.
- To act as nodal quality control laboratory for analysis of biofertilizers and organic fertilizers as per the requirement of Fertilizer Control Order, 1985 (FCO).
- Revision of standards and testing protocols keeping in view the advances in research and technology and bringing remaining organic inputs under quality control regime.
- To maintain National and Regional culture collection bank of biofertilizer, biocontrol, organisms for supply to production units, development & procurement and efficacy evaluation of biofertilizer strains and mother cultures.
- Organic input resource management, technology development through support to research and market development.
- Promotion of Organic Farming through low cost certification system known as “Participatory Guarantee System” (PGS-India).
- To provides financial assistance through NABARD under Capital Investment Subsidy Scheme (CISS) for Fruit and Vegetable Market Waste/Agro-waste compost units, Bio-fertilizers/Bio-pesticides Production unit
- Awareness creation and publicity through print and electronic media.